The following things are making me ridiculously happy right now:
- Location: I snagged a great seat in the coffeeshop - not in direct sun (it gets too hot), but in the front of the building, by the nice big sunny windows. Light! Air! My own marble-topped table! An outlet for my laptop!
- Open windows: sorry, everyone above the Mason Dixon line, and some below it, but it's in the mid-60s here today, with the sun beaming down in the wonderful bright clear air of the desert. (Some days, the sun feels harsh and oppressive, and I kind of miss the softness of the light in the south. But most of the time, the incredibly bright sun buoys me.)
- Good dogs: There's a guy here in the coffeeshop (a regular) who tools around in a mechanized chair/scooter, and he has the greatest little black terrier dog, with long-haired ears sticking out from his head af 45 degree angles, who sits all good and quiet on the scooter, behind the man's feet. I love that this guy is able to tool around accompanied by his dog at all times.
- Happy cats: One of my classmates, knowing that I am a cat person, showed me pictures of the kitten she is adopting this afternoon. She was SO excited, it was just lovely (and another shelter cat is getting a home! yay!).
- Freedom: Today was a short day, with only two classes. On short days I get to rise a little bit later, and head back to Home City significantly earlier. It even makes me feel like I have a little bit of control over my schedule.
- Potential: I'm writing an essay for an application for a summer thing, and I actually think it's kind of good. (This probably means it's crap, and I don't really know what they want, anyway, but it's nice at least to enjoy the process.)
- Accuracy: The barista let me know when my "panino" was ready. Panino! Grammatical correctness! (For the non-Italianate: panino is the singular, panini is the plural. Means "little bread," I think. And it was yummy.)
- Gluttony: I just ate the most amazing peanut-butter chocolate chip cookie - this place makes the absolute best. They're probably a gazillion calories, but the weather is so nice, I can take a nice long walk outside later today. (Which may require ignoring a little bit of my work, but hey, don't harsh my mellow.)
- Anticipation: Friday is another short day, so it feels like all I have to do is get prepped for tomorrow and survive tomorrow, and then it's the weekend! (Never mind that I have a gazillion commitments this weekend...)
What good things are going on in your day?