- Two small pieces of chocolate cake are not good fuel for intense apartment cleaning.
- There is little that is more annoying than completely rearranging the living room furniture and realizing it worked better the way it was originally.
- Unless it is breaking your thumbnail about as short as it can go.
- If you are going to engage in large scale furniture moving, you might want to a) put your husband's three pairs of shoes somewhere else and b) remove the fluorescent light bulb from the side table that you're carrying around the room. Because you know? Those things break when they fall off the table because you trip over a shoe. Who knew!
- On the upside, one way to resolve the problem of the too-big side table that doesn't actually fit beside any of our furniture and so was floating in space by itself disrupting the flow of the room is to stick it in the corner and put the oak file cabinet that was in the corner where the side table was. (The file cabinet is much less obtrusive.)
- On the downside again, moving an oak file cabinet just might scratch the hardwood floor. Crap. Don't tell NLLDH.
- Ohmigod the Snuggy now comes in ANIMAL PRINTS. Just what you always needed!
- When you have no real convenient places to stow crap, said crap collects on every flat surface. I think I need get a bunch of these kinds of things to stow under the coffee table and on the odd bookshelf space I have open.
- Dirty cat footprints are amazingly Swiffer-resistant.
But I have managed to vacuum the bedroom, mop the living room floor (though I may go back over a few little cat footprints...), wash the sofa cushion covers, and clear up at least SOME junk. Am going to head back to it, as soon as I regain some energy...