1. My uncle once told me that I should be an English major because it would be great preparation for getting a job as a secretary.
2. Never in my life have I wanted to run for political office.
3. When I was five my teacher sent me off to read a story to the first-graders. Come on, who thought THAT was going to be good for my social life?
4. High school was a time full of good times, but which I'm really really REALLY glad is in the past.
5. I will never forget sitting in the shadow of a chateau, eating pizza with NLLDH and trying to convince a snooty little French dog to come over and say hello.
6. Once I met someone who didn't like chocolate. I know, I was horrified, too.
7. There’s this boy I know who's way cooler than he thinks he is.
8. Once, at a bar, I saw a classmate break the bartender's nose.
9. By noon, I’m usually lucky to be showered and dressed. Well, if I don't have to be somewhere.
10. Last night Eldest Cat woke me up AGAIN whining for food.
11. If only I had more willpower.
12. Next time I go to church is not likely to be for a long time.
13. What worries me most is whether or not I'll get a job I like once I finish law school. (Maybe I should begin by worrying about doing well IN law school.)
14. When I turn my head left I see a black wire shelving unit crammed full of stuff I have to organize.
15. When I turn my head right I see NLLDH.
16. You know I’m lying when I say I'd love the middle seat on the plane.
17. What I miss most about the Eighties is big hair.
18. If I were a character in Shakespeare I’d be Polonius, I fear.
19. By this time next year I will ideally have a summer's worth of work in a legal field under my belt.
20. A better name for me would be "OCD about everything but dirt."
21. I have a hard time understanding why people use Windows.
22. If I ever go back to school, I’ll have class at 9 am this Monday.
23. You know I like you if I look you in the eye right away.
24. If I ever won an award, the first person I would thank would be whoever first taught me whatever it was the award was for.
25. Take my advice, never complain about the way people do things in other countries and why can't they do it just like the U.S. does??
26. My ideal breakfast is very ordinary: fresh-squeezed orange juice, scrambled eggs, toast, bacon, and a cinnamon roll.
27. A song I love but do not have is Rick Springfield, Jessie's Girl. What? I love that song!
28. If you visit my hometown, I suggest you go in the fall, and have a high tolerance for WASPs and U.S. colonial history.
29. Why won’t people pay attention to where they're standing in the grocery-store aisle?
30. If you spend a night at my house you will have to sleep on the loveseat and you will be visited by two curious cats during the night (the third will hide from you).
31. I’d stop my wedding for a lot of things (I got married in a judge's office and it took three minutes, so it's not like a delay would screw things up much).
32. The world could do without entitlement.
33. I’d rather lick the belly of a cockroach than listen to Rush Limbaugh.
34. My favorite blondie is my sister.
35. Paper clips are more useful than my students' attempts to hold their papers together by folding/twisting/ripping the corners of the pages.
36. If I do anything well it’s procrastinating.
37. I can’t help but eat the last cookie in the box.
38. I usually cry at "heart-warming" commercials. I'm so easily manipulated.
39. My advice to my nephew/niece is to take grandma with a grain of salt.
40. And by the way, congratulations to NLLDH, who celebrates seven years of sobriety today!