Crazy productive, people; here's what I've accomplished so far today:
- Went to The Container Store to get a file box and folders for law school stuff (and ended up with some jewelry organizers and a toothbrush holder too. That store is evil. I could spend MUCH money there).
- Went to Bed, Bath, and Beyond and bought an over-the-door mirror (I have been full-length-mirror-less since 2004 and I need to make sure my outfits actually work), a pepper mill (Youngest Cat knocked our old one into the cats' water dish and now it doesn't work), and some glass cleaner.
- Came home and installed the mirror (had to screw the hooks into the back of the mirror before I could hang it).
- Organized my jewelry, which entailed untangling at least four multi-strand necklaces (and then I cleaned some silver jewelry with toothpaste).
- Cleaned glass shelf and mirror in bathroom.
- Cleaned and hung ten pieces of framed art, involving much use of the whippy tape measure and the level. (I think they all work where they are. I might swap the big one over the TV with the smaller one on the next panel of the wall, though.)
- Discovered that one wall of our apartment is cinderblock under the finish and that therefore we won't be hanging anything there.
- Unpacked two last boxes of "decorative stuff" and put most of the decorative stuff on shelves that hopefully Youngest Cat will not assault.
- Plotted where to create a family photo gallery with the rest of the unpacked decorative stuff (I need different nails for that, though, so this is currently hypothetical).
- Moved a shelf unit a few feet so we can put the vacuum cleaner in the resulting niche (otherwise I foresee the vacuum cleaner living in front of my closet, which is where it's convenient for NLLDH, but not very convenient for me).
- Used the hammer to fix the bottom shelf of said unit (Youngest Cat spent some months sleeping on a quilt on one end of said shelf, which had developed a decided list), and ended up lowering it so it didn't interfere with outlets.
- Got the cat litter I bought yesterday out of the trunk of my car and cleaned the cat box.
- Vacuumed up all the litter that gets everywhere on wood floors when you clean the cat box. And vacuumed the bedroom while I was at it (there's not that much of it not covered by bed, so it doesn't take long).
- Swept the kitchen floor (including the bits of stuff that had fallen behind the framed art that had been stacked against the kitchen wall before being hung).
- Emptied and took out the trash.
Phew! Now I'm sitting on the sofa, basking in the coolness from our wonky A/C (and sucking for approval by saying, "Look, internets, at how much I did today!!"), and feeling sort of pleased with myself. I'm also watching Alton Brown make potstickers and really craving take-out of some variety. Anyone want to come over and bring Chinese? Thai? Indian? No?