It's time for me to turn off the internet and start working, but I find myself faced with an odd dilemma: I have no idea what I should do.
This semester, I've been really good about setting goals for the next day/work session when I stop work for the day, so that the next time round I don't have to think too hard - I know I'm going to do X (where X = whatever I've already planned). Yesterday, I didn't do that, and I find myself stymied: what should I do?
So, folks, I'm taking a poll: what do you think would be the best use of my time this morning?
- Go through the essay due December 31, and work on filling in the bits that say things like LOOK THIS UP. (This will entail, gasp, counting some stuff and possibly doing long division...)
- Reread the chapter outline for my book proposal and begin freewriting/drafting the main body of the proposal.
- Start working my way through the list of things I need to do to finish the draft of my first book chapter. (I wrote up a nice color-coded list of all the pieces of info I needed to add/check on for this chapter.)
Throttle the little orange cat currently knocking things off the kitchen counter. Okay, this isn't really an option!
- Forget about research and clean the apartment.
- Forget about research and play with paints and tissue paper.